So Farewell Then ............. Cecil Parkinson

Wilbur

Incredible how the Tory grandees are coming out of the woodwork paying tribute to a man who, in essence, treated other people with utter contempt as the way he and his party tried to deal with Sara Keays and his daughter clearly shows. The bilge about him being a "beloved husband" defies belief. If he was, why was he screwing his secretary for over 12 years (not continuously obviously).

Incredible how the Tory grandees are coming out of the woodwork paying tribute to a man who, in essence, treated other people with utter contempt as the way he and his party tried to deal with Sara Keays and his daughter clearly shows. The bilge about him being a "beloved husband" defies belief. If he was, why was he screwing his secretary for over 12 years (not continuously obviously).

Surely this post is the strangest of the lot on here. I didn't like Cecil Parkinson. I regarded him as one of Margaret Thatchers "wets". A man who had ruthless ambition and who would have conspired against Thatcher in the end. However why wouldn't his wife describe him as a "beloved husband". The two of them remained married right up till his death. She obviously forgave him his marital indiscretion so what right has anyone else to make judgement?

There is no question that the man should have made adequate provision for his daughter and without knowing anything more on the subject than anyone else I'm sure he would have met his statutory legal requirement paying his way through the CSA. No doubt he should also have been a part of his daughters life, however we don't know if Keays would have welcomed that.

I've got no time for anyone who cheats on a partner either. It's a sign of a lack of morality, however Keays was hardly an innocent victim. She would have known that Parkinson was a married man, yet she continued the affair for 12 years. Her character is just as morally dubious and she certainly didn't deserve the sympathy that the press has shown her over the years.

Surely this post is the strangest of the lot on here. I didn't like Cecil Parkinson. I regarded him as one of Margaret Thatchers "wets". A man who had ruthless ambition and who would have conspired against Thatcher in the end. However why wouldn't his wife describe him as a "beloved husband". The two of them remained married right up till his death. She obviously forgave him his marital indiscretion so what right has anyone else to make judgement?

There is no question that the man should have made adequate provision for his daughter and without knowing anything more on the subject than anyone else I'm sure he would have met his statutory legal requirement paying his way through the CSA. No doubt he should also have been a part of his daughters life, however we don't know if Keays would have welcomed that.

I've got no time for anyone who cheats on a partner either. It's a sign of a lack of morality, however Keays was hardly an innocent victim. She would have known that Parkinson was a married man, yet she continued the affair for 12 years. Her character is just as morally dubious and she certainly didn't deserve the sympathy that the press has shown her over the years.

At least it was a woman and not a CHILD. You will notice this is being played out so those responsible will all be gone and dead the time this investigation is finished. We have already had the chief investigator resign because of with held evidence the fact its former Maggie the witch MPs involved.

Disgusting and sickening but proves there is a law for one and quite another for the chosen ones. Our country stinks to high dough for the establishment Lord Lucan anyone.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

A partner once said to me: "you can go to the well to drink once, but if you go back a second time don't expect me to welcome you back"!

An understanding kind of person I thought.

............................ but going back for 12 years CP must have been mighty thirsty!

Guest TPAFKATS

The legal, political and media establishment allowed Parkinson what appears to have been an unprecedented level of silencing of his child and her mother. Keys had to fight for every penny she got from him to pay for his child, a child suffering from complex learning difficulties and health problems from a very young age.

Anyone who thinks she didn't deserve what scant support she received from the press is either a misogynistic cock or a troll

At least it was a woman and not a CHILD. You will notice this is being played out so those responsible will all be gone and dead the time this investigation is finished. We have already had the chief investigator resign because of with held evidence the fact its former Maggie the witch MPs involved.

Disgusting and sickening but proves there is a law for one and quite another for the chosen ones. Our country stinks to high dough for the establishment Lord Lucan anyone.

What are you talking about? Are you claiming he was a paedophile?

The legal, political and media establishment allowed Parkinson what appears to have been an unprecedented level of silencing of his child and her mother. Keys had to fight for every penny she got from him to pay for his child, a child suffering from complex learning difficulties and health problems from a very young age.

Anyone who thinks she didn't deserve what scant support she received from the press is either a misogynistic cock or a troll

The report I read said that Parkinsonism put the injunction in place WITH the initial support of Keays.

I've got plenty of sympathy with any child who has the misfortune to have a parent who doesn't want to be a part of their lives. I also understand the issues around absent parents who refuse to pay their way. I've got plenty of personal and very recent experience of exactly this kind of behaviour and I'd never defend it. However Sarah Keays deserves no sympathy at all considering she conducted an affair with a married man and her moral judgement was clearly through the floor

Hendo states that he didn't have a shred of humanity.

Based on the way he treated his daughter then that is so true.

How could anyone possibly do that to their own daughter?

Affairs, illegitimate children, 12 years. Whatever. Fine.

He can't be excused for what he did to his daughter. That is the measure of him.

Edited by nosferatu

In the interests of fairness, they're not mutually exclusive. Both is another possibility.

Edited by salmonbuddie

The report I read said that Parkinsonism put the injunction in place WITH the initial support of Keays.

I've got plenty of sympathy with any child who has the misfortune to have a parent who doesn't want to be a part of their lives. I also understand the issues around absent parents who refuse to pay their way. I've got plenty of personal and very recent experience of exactly this kind of behaviour and I'd never defend it. However Sarah Keays deserves no sympathy at all considering she conducted an affair with a married man and her moral judgement was clearly through the floor

That's two posts where you clearly blame Sarah Keays moral, ffs Stuart it takes two to tangle. Personally I don't give a dam what people do in their private lives as long as it does not affect me. These twats from the house of words press the moral button all the time yet that particular house cant keep its own personal in order in the moral high ground stakes. As I wrote the brush under the carpet regarding ex tory ministers paedophiles is quite incredible. I have no idea who they are but the one doing the investigation resigned because of brick walls being put up against her. Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

So farewell Cecil Parkinson. Your catchphrase was "You're not going to keep it, are you?".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/cecil-parkinson-dead-former-tory-ministers-secretary-claimed-he-begged-her-to-have-abortion-a6833071.html

Edited to add:- Allegedly....

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

Guest TPAFKATS

In the interests of fairness, they're not mutually exclusive. Both is another possibility.

Hmmm, I'm erring towards him being a misogynistic cock.

That's two posts where you clearly blame Sarah Keays moral, ffs Stuart it takes two to tangle. Personally I don't give a dam what people do in their private lives as long as it does not affect me. These twats from the house of words press the moral button all the time yet that particular house cant keep its own personal in order in the moral high ground stakes. As I wrote the brush under the carpet regarding ex tory ministers paedophiles is quite incredible. I have no idea who they are but the one doing the investigation resigned because of brick walls being put up against her.

No IoBS, it's two posts where I've slated Parkinson and pointed out that Keays was JUST AS MUCH TO BLAME. It does indeed take two to tango and she was perfectly happy screwing around with a man she knew was married which in my opinion makes her just as bad as Parkinson, who was married and who was screwing around. Keays does not deserve sympathy from anyone, press or otherwise, especially not when Parkinson is being painted as an evil f**ker who caused all this. Even the injunction that seems to have disadvantaged his illegitimate daughter so badly was down to BOTH Keays and Parkinson.

I have every sympathy with the daughter, as I would any child in similar circumstances. She didn't choose to have two selfish and immoral f**ktards as parents. Sadly that's what the poor lass got.