• Latest Topics

• Be careful, your not out of the name calling jail yet. 
    • Glad, despite the results, you enjoyed it mate. My summary is that we were overhyped for the German game and it got to us, the manager and the players, as man for man we were terrible. Add in it was fairly obvious our formation was seeing us get torn apart not one person can take anything positive from that game.  The Swiss game was better, not great, but we showed, in periods, we can play some half decent stuff but like many teams the final pass let us down. The width of the post from a victory that would have seen us go through as it changes the whole outlook in the Hungary game. The last game we, IMO, wasted at least the first half by being content with 15 yard passes, mostly sideways or backwards, I was expecting Paul McStay to make an appearance.  Hungary were there for the taking and although we did through everything at them in the latter stages I always felt is was more in hope than belief we would get the goal. Losing the goal in the last minute hardly mattered TBH as we were out. Our "big players" let us down overall when we needed them. The debate about Adams or Shankland is irrelevant as our delivery and support was non existent  Calling for the managers head is just plain idiotic, easily forgetting what he has achieved and this endless desire for change is usually a losing policy. Add in there's nobody really who would be willing to take over or do any better leaves us with what we have.  I do feel we have a fear of introducing younger players, a safety first approach overall and, as I've mentioned, the whole squad seemed to have dropped off in the last year.  Anyhow, you've had a great experience, the tartan Army, in numbers that were staggering, behaved with great humour and grace, backed up by numerous plaudits from the Germans. We dust ourselves down and start again, nothing else for it. 
    • This is why the SNP are driving loyal voters away, Bringing complex issues down to a binary argument (SNP good, U.K. bad) has it ever occurred to you that people in general can hold more than one belief at the same time? 
  • Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.